Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Presbyterian Night Shelter: Ann-Marie Hemminger


The second Monday of each month I, along with others get to go to the Presbyterian Night Shelter for women and children.  Alan Lutes prepares delicious, nutritious food and brings it in the Five and Two truck.  

Some serve the food, while others the drinks, while I mostly help moms with little children bring food to the table.  This is an easy task, and my part is particularly rewarding.  They are so happy and eager to eat.  Never have I heard even a little child say “eeew” or “yuck”. They are sweet and grateful. Although I would still do this if they were less than gracious.  

I can’t think of a better way to show the love of God to others than to help give what most of us take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment