Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sacred Circle Time: Addie Klemm



Sacred Circle Time is a weekly service during our church’s 10:50 and 11:03 services for preschool aged children. Each week we learn about stories from the Bible and spend time worshiping our God. We start by creating a sacred space, we hear a story from the Bible and do activities or crafts that relate to our story. I am often surprised by what the kids find most interesting and I love helping them learn Bible stories through questions and crafts and activities. But every week, it is the end of our lesson that is most impactful to me.

Every child is individually told that they are a blessing from God. They get a blessing on their hand with our special “blessing balm” and their excitement and joy is overwhelming. As adults, it seems obvious that these beautiful children are blessings, but even still, it can’t be repeated enough. I am so grateful that I get to help to remind them that they are all blessings from God. And every Sunday at Sacred Circle Time I too am reminded that each one of us are wonderful blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment